Join us in a flexible volunteering position
An exciting opportunity to join a small, dynamic charity working to improve access to justice for the most vulnerable in society, enabling you to gain valuable work experience. During your time you will have genuine responsibility working on improving our national fundraising projects and events.
The role is based in our London office but may involve some travel across England and Wales. We ask for a minimum commitment of 5 hours per week for 12 weeks. Whilst it is an unpaid voluntary role, reasonable travel expenses within London will be reimbursed.
This role would suit someone with the following:
- Enthusiasm for the cause and the work of the free legal advice sector
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Reasonable understanding of planning and managing fundraising events or activities
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Confidence with IT
- Energy, flexibility and motivation
What we offer you
- Detailed induction to the Foundation and your role
- Support for your development from your line manager
- Option of flexible working to fit around other commitments
- Insight into the event management and charity sector
- Opportunity to build a network of contacts and interact with a range of professionals
- Reasonable travel expenses within London zones 1-6
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to Martha de la Roche at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Fundraising Volunteer Role” in the subject line by 12pm on 29 January 2016. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 3 February 2016.