The Access to Justice Foundation
Autumn 2016 National Grants Round
The Trustees will consider requests for funding from national or regional organisations and projects which cover one or more of the following key criteria:
- Assisting or reducing the increased number of litigants in person either nationally or in a particular region (as opposed to a local area).
- Helping the pro bono and advice sectors operate more efficiently on a national or regional basis. For example, through development of shared resources and use of technology.
- Facilitating access to pro bono resources for those most in need, either nationally or regionally.
The Trustees are particularly focused on:
- Widening the availability of access to justice for the most vulnerable people, and in particular families and individuals living in poverty.
- Effective use of resources.
- Multiple delivery partners where appropriate.
- If appropriate, sustainability and plans to adapt to the new funding environment, including efforts to generate sustainable new funding sources as well as sharing and rationalisation.
- In deciding what to fund the Trustees will consider the degree of need and the degree of benefit.
- The Foundation always receives more applications than can be funded.
- The Foundation may approach particular organisations or projects with a view to encouraging them to submit an application.
- Applications for funding will generally be considered in the region of £5,000 to £20,000.
- If you have questions about the suitability of your organisation or project for funding by the Foundation in this grants round please email firstname.lastname@example.org