The role is based in our London office but may involve some travel across England and Wales. We ask for a minimum commitment of one day per week for 3-6 months. Whilst it is an unpaid voluntary role, reasonable travel expenses within London will be reimbursed.
Fundraising and marketing
- Registering new teams and individuals in our events (from law firms, chambers, law schools and charities).
- Helping publicise who is currently taking part and encouraging more people, law firms, chambers and others to get involved in our work.
- Updating and maintaining our contact records.
- Research new and existing contacts including advice charities, chambers, law firms, chambers and in- house legal teams
- Keeping our website up to date
- Helping boost our events through increasing our presence on Twitter, Facebook and through other social media channels
- Ensuring we spread the publicity for these events as widely as possible
- Helping with the day to day challenges of running a small charity e.g. processing donations, thanking donors etc
To manage any ad hoc projects and undertake any other duties within the remit of the role as requested.
This role would suit someone with the following:
- Interest in Marketing and Fundraising
- Enthusiasm for the cause and the work of the Foundation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Reasonable understanding of the law
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Reliable and Punctual
- Confidence with IT
- Energy, flexibility and motivation
- Attention to detail, an ability to produce accurate work
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Detailed induction to the Foundation and your role
- Support for your development from your line manager
- Insight into the charity sector
- Opportunity to build a network of contacts
- Reasonable travel expenses within London zones 1-6
Location: Office based in central London (Chancery Lane)
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to Laura Cassidy at email@example.com quoting “Volunteer Internship Role” in the subject line by midnight on Wednesday 30th August (midnight). Interviews will be held on Thursday 6th and Friday 7th September 2017.